I've just got my hands on a pair of mint S45-2's and have started considering my amp needs. There are a few options for me, that I'd like some input on.
First, a little background on my intended usage:
- Listening to music / radio via Airplay / Spotify
- Using the speakers to support the audio on my TV-set, using either HDMI/SPDIF connection from my TV
- My TV has HDMI/SPDIF/Phono out, so I've got a lot of options here
- If I would be able to use my TV-remote for volume control, it would be awesome, but not a definitive requirement
The options I've been considering
- Getting a vintage Beomaster, and integrating a Hifiberry + needed hats into the chassis
- Connecting an external Hifiberry to one of the inputs on the BO, using it as an amplifier
- Building an external Hifiberry (with an AMP-hat), and skipping the Beomaster completely.
- A nice feature would al
What option would you consider as optimal for my usage (I don't consider the time and DIY as a problem, more of an interesting challenge)
Are there options that I haven't mentioned that should be explored?
So, to my main question, what addons would I need for these setups?