my chain (for incredible sound) is:
M-Connect on a Samsung Tablet for using Tidal
HifiBerry 4 with Digi+ pro
RME ADI-2 DAC
I have also dropouts like described in another thread.
I tried already:
- The App: MConnect says, their app couldn't be the source of the problem because the app is only transmitting the Tidal-link to HifiBerry.
- Same problem with BubbleUPNP
- Tried different LAN connections for the HifiBerry, even wired
- All HifiBerry updates installed
- Used optical cable instead coax (see other thread with grounding problems)
- I tried also Volumio to be sure, it's not a undetected HifiBerry-Problem.
The dropouts are coming in different time intervals and are lasting different long (5 - 30 seconds). Sometimes 10 dropouts in 30 minutes, sometimes 1 in 30 minutes.
It seems, the music is streamed correctly by tidal but I can't hear anything. And: I see in MConnect, the time-slider is moving back and forth when a dropput occurs.
So assume, the problem is between tidal and the HifiBerry-Hardware because of the moving time-slider in MConnect?
Is there maybe any buffering-problem?
What can I do?