Hello, I posted this on the OS github page, but as I just realized that also D2 is flashing (see description), this is probably more of a hardware issue. Faulty card?
Describe the bug
A very loud, scratch-like noise is being output when the Analog Input is enabled, but not active/playing. The noise is not continuous, but goes on for ~1 second, then off for ~1 second, and so on. It is so loud that it's audible even when Volume is all the way down at zero. Edit to add: LED D2 flashes in same interval as noise.
HiFiBerry sound card
- DAC+ ADC Pro
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Analog Input disabled. It doesn't matter if anything is connected to the input.
- Select and play Source other than the Analog Input. It doesn't matter if sound is playing, as long as the Source is shown in Now Playing.
- Go to Sources, enable Analog Input. Noise immediately starts, over sound from current Source or just by itself.
- Go to Now Playing, and Stop/Pause current source.
- Now Playing switches to Analog Input and the noise stops.
(Setting "Start when Signal detected" makes no difference to this.)
No scary noise by simply having Analog Input enabled.