Along the way I found some things that would make life more easy using HiFiBerryOS. Here I want to group some of my ideas and suggestions. Feel free to add.
- laptopscreen layout can be improved
- resolution = 1366 x 768 : A lot of space is used by the left menu. Needs to use the scroll bar even when you hace only 1 album in it. (can not read the album title from the bottom without scrolling down)
- icons are quit big so you need a lot of scrolling. giving the options to make them smaller in the userinterface would be suitable so users can adapt then according to their needs. Size now will be H for my feeling M = 3/4 of H and L = 1/2 of H
- Resolution op laptop (HD-screen) suffer from the same thing. Only 4 artisit/ albums can be shown on 1 screen. This require a lot of scrolling
- NTFS support so a windows external drive can be easily attached
- volume control is too sensitive.
- Show progressbar while playing music
- show type and resolution of playing song (eg FLAC 44.1Bit-96Hz ; MP3 230 kbps)
- allow clicking on the picture of the playing song to go back iso using the smal '<"
- scrolling through albums : When you go into an album and scroll down. Leave the album and open an other album, it isnt opended at the top of the songlist.
- Some songs are loud some are soft. Needs volume control from the amplifier. Is there a possible to improve things based on song en album GaIn setting
- Startup time is quiet long more then 2 minutes.
- manually updating the DB general-menu
Just Some thoughts from my side...Apart from that, the OS has nice touch and feel and is a joy to work with....compliments to the developmentteam