I have just got going with the latest Volumio, Hifiberry AMP+ and a Raspberry Pi 3 with WiFi.
I want to add a software equalizer to my setup. Hifiberry's official Alsaeq guide on https://www.hifiberry.com/guides/guide-adding-equalization-using-alsaeq/ looks promising but there are some things that I want to have clarified, as I couldn't hear any difference to the sound:
- Where is the asound.conf file in Step 4 supposed to be? In what directory?
- If applicable, are the lines in Step 4 supposed to replace an existing asound.conf or to be appended?
- Are the lines type hw card 0 and slave.pcm "plughw:0,0"; correct for all Volumio installations? Can the 0 values sometimes be other values?
- Does the system need to be rebooted somewhere along the process?
- Does changes to the equalizer affect the system real-time?
Thanks for your assistance.