I am new to Pi and DAC.
My system :
- Raspberry Pi 2
- HiFiberry DAC+ Pro
- USB WiFi dongle
- NAS through SAMBA
What I have done :
- Installed Volumio 1.55 using HiFiberry installer.
- Plug-in the LAN cable and Power on.
- Get into the Volumio UI and set the 'I2S DAC' as 'Hifiberry +'.
- Setup the WiFi connection in the 'Network' option.
- Connect the NAS in the 'Library' option.
- Power off and unplug the LAN cable.
THE ISSUE :
- When playing the 24bits/96k FLAC music, serious skipping and stuttering occur.
I then updated the kernel by :
This does have improvement, but there is still about 1 second random silence per song, on average.
P.S. I have no problem with 16bits/44k FLAC music.
Would you please help ? Many many thanks !