Hello all !
I plan to use the HifiBerry DAC (version One) with modipy software.
When i try to play sound through the DAC with sound aplay sound test:
i get the following error message:
aplay: set_params:1087: Number of channel not available
Please note that Im french, "Number of channel not available" is my traduction from french :)
During the configuration, I followed those step :
- rpi update and kernel update
- configuration of the /etc/modules with :
- then I use aplay -l to know what is the card number :
Card 0 : ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0
Card 0 : ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1 hdmi
Card 1 : sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry], device 0
- Creation of /etc/asound.conf (the file does not exist before) with :
- Selection of the card with amixer:
amixer cset numid=3 1 > /dev/null 2>&1 || true
AND then I get the error message aplay: set_params:1087.
Could you please help me ?
I hope my explanation is clear enought.
Im a big neebie with linux, the raspberry is my firt linux utilisation... Please, be kind with me :)
Thank you in advance.
Issue to select the HifiBerry DAC, Aplay error code