for my multiroom solution I will use Pi 3 model B with a DAC and B&O Beolink Passive amplifiers with B&O Beovox CX50/100 Speakers.
I would use the DAC2 HD or the DAC2 PRO.
- The Beolink Passive needs a >3 VDC input from the audio source to switch the speaker output on.
Could the analog +5 VDC output pins be used for it?
- Could I use the analog output pins also for the audio signal instead of the RCA connectors?
- Is there any solution to have an digital input from an iphone lightning connector?
Otherwise I will have to use Airplay.
Which means I can just use Lossless instead of Hi-Res Losless.
- If just Airplay is used, is there still an audio quality improvement from the DAC2 PRO to the DAC2 HD ?
- I d'like to have a fixed power supply instead of the USB-C.
Could the "5V from Pi" connector also be used to supply the Pi over the DAC, or must always the AAMP60 been used?
- Is there also a version of your recommended power supply without a housing for building an all in one device?